top of page

Events Group

Public·128 members

Buying A Vw Campervan In Germany

In the early 1970s friends of my folks were in Munich, they bought a brand new BMW 2002, had it shipped to San Francisco where they were living....no problems, very satisfactory. The buyer said it was all in all cheaper than buying the car in SF. That was back then.

buying a vw campervan in germany

just spent a couple of hours reading the thorn tree threadwow - it is so complexmy thought at the moment is to switch to buying a motorhome in the UK rather than Germany as we have relatives there

Deb, did you end up buying in Germany? I would like to try the same thing. Did you have additional problems with insurance, license, stickers, etc. Also, how difficult was it to navigate a larger RV in Europe? Were you able to utilize the outlying metro stops to access city centers?

As nice as the VW California is, they all come out of the factory looking pretty similar, give or take some two-tone paintwork, but Revolution Campervans offer much more individuality with a wide choice of alloy wheels, body kits and colour schemes for extra style. Want a pink campervan or a stripy roof? You can choose whatever you want with a Revolution Campervan.

It will depend on your final specification, of course, but a Revolution campervan has whatever specification you want at a very competitive price. The smile on your face as your drive off in your dream campervan is, of course, priceless.

We take you through the steps we took to buy a VW campervan, including how to find the right conversion company, what type of bed and roof to look for, and everything else you need to consider (especially if you want to campervan with kids) to make sure you find the perfect VW campervan for you.

We started doing some research. Whilst I would daydream over photos of retro VW campervans on twisting mountain roads, we soon decided to go for the more practical and reliable modern VW transporter campervan. And we love it!

Obviously buying a new VW Camper Van is easier than buying a used campervan. Or is it? With a new campervan conversion, you have the peace of mind that it comes with all sorts of manufacturer and converter warranties, but you are faced with a different issue. Choice.

One of the most important things to consider when buying your campervan is the bed. If the bed is uncomfortable, it can taint the whole campervan experience. There are three main bed types to choose from:

If you are considering using a campervan awning, you will probably want to fit a Reimo rail. It is not absolutely necessary, but in order to secure an awning without a Reimo rail, you would need to throw straps over the roof to secure on the other side.

Thanks Tin. a couple of questions if I may. What were the economics (Saving) in the end for you between buying and converting or just buying already converted van. Looking back what is the one thing you would do differently? Thanks.

Well, buying in would, for starters, require federal homologation, development for which a 2017 study by the Center for Automotive Research determined would easily cost a European carmaker more than $10 million per model. Hypothetically, it could be possible for VW to spread that cost more evenly by homologating more of the T6 lineup and competing in more market segments to recoup its investment. The Transporter, for example, could fight for a piece of the commercial van pie, which according to Car Sales Base accounted for more than 496,000 sales in 2019. But VW, which has more data to work with than we do, evidently doesn't think the U.S. van market is worth contesting, which is why it doesn't try.

Compact doesn\u2019t have to mean basic. Take a step up from a campervan and enjoy the space and comfort of Carado T135. The clever bathroom design means a dry change area. The combination of space, function and comfort makes this 2-berth motorhome great value for money and the perfect way to venture even further off the beaten track.Actual motorhome interior may vary from photos.

I used to be of the opinion that service history was a waste of time and that only pedants read through it before buying a car, and that I could learn a lot more from getting underneath a vehicle and looking at the state of things, starting the engine and listening to it, and feeling how the vehicle drives, than from reading some stuffy pieces of paper. Let me drive it already! However, that might be true when it comes to an idiot-proof car like a Vauxhall Corsa model B, but for bigger engines and longer journeys, you need to check the service history.

The popular California campervan has been produced by Volkswagen for over 30 years. Its ultimate form is the VW California Ocean with inbuilt fridge, gas stove, and generous storage. Is it right for you?

In practice though, the campervan is not geared up for five berths. Your passenger would need alternative sleeping accommodation. Not an issue if the van is being used for transportation purposes only.

Unlike motorhomes, campervans generally do not have toilets built-in. The exception in the Volkswagen fleet is the Grand California, which is their answer to a coach built motorhome. This has a full wet room installed.

Westfalia may be still thought of fondly for its classic Volkswagen pop-top camper vans, but the company continues to innovate its way into the future with versatile, new floor plans built into large and mid-size vans. Something of a Franco-German design, the all-new Kepler Five shrinks down to sub-5-m mini-campervan size while offering a fully equipped layout with two beds, a full kitchen, and even an available toilet and hot shower. The downsized van is designed to move seamlessly from everyday city commuting to high-mileage road trips.

No matter what motorhome, camper or 4x4 you choose for your vacation, OutdoorXL has the awning for your next trip or adventure. Drive-away or non-drive away awnings to attach on the side of your camper or tailgaters at the backside. The first step in choosing an awning is finding the right connection height for your campervan, motorhome, A-class motorhome, mini van or 4x4. Does your camper not have an awning rail? There are good solutions for attaching an awning without a rail.

This group of compact campers has gained an almost iconic status as the vehicle for discovering the world. Many campervan models are serially produced with an elevating roof that provides standing room in the van. The style icon campervan is the Volkswagen Transporter, but fortunately there are many other options for a more modest price to create your own dream campervan. An awning is an almost indispensable addition when travelling with this type of camper. There is a wide selection of awnings for campervans and below you will find some popular models:

Lock Down Two gave me a bit of time to look back on our happy campervan years. I would describe myself as a campervan enthusiast rather than expert, so I was surprised when we realised that we had now owned a campervan for 15 years. We still have plenty to learn about the art of owning a house on wheels but, after so long, we must know more than we did back in 2005 when we were campervan virgins. In that 15 years three different campervans have captured my heart and joined us on our holidays. Each one has been blue and each one slightly longer in length than the last. In those 15 years we have put 1,319 camping nights under our belts, staying on over 700 different campsites and other overnight spots.

We had taken the VW T5 as large as we could, so we had to look for a different base van for Blue Bus Three. Both of our VW campervans are still on the road somewhere, a testament to the reliability of the T4 and T5 and we always look out for them when we are on the road in the hope that we will have a reunion one day. The elegant shape of the VW limits what can be fitted inside, although there are conversions with bathrooms. After plenty of consideration and more lists we decided to move onto a French classic, the Renault Master.

We sure learned a lot after searching, buying, registering, driving, and living in a RV in Germany and throughout Europe, and then advertising, selling, and transferring the RV when we finished the journey. I hope the information below helps anyone interested in embarking on an epic road trip in Europe.

You take a look at the map, plot a course and make your way to the next destination. In your own time, on your own schedule, in your own home on wheels. This is life when traveling Europe by campervan.

We are here to fast track you past the initial planning stages and help you plan your trip by campervan around Europe. In this Guide to Europe by Campervan we have listed all of our best campervan travel tips.

You are assured of selling the van and it simplifies the process at the end of your trip. It is a good compromise between renting and buying privately. We opted for this option and we very happy with our decision.

Germany is the perfect place to set off on an unforgettable campervan road trip with lakes, rivers, forests, mountains, and rich culture to experience. Rent a campervan or RV in Germany. Start from one of our many pick-up locations, such as Berlin , Munich , Frankfurt , or Cologne , and become immersed in the magic of this fairy-tale country.

Take your RV adventure to Bavaria and hike through flowery meadows and towering forests in Bavarian Forest National Park. Here, you'll encounter endless recreation and plenty of scenic routes to drive your campervan or RV rental through. This national park has something for everyone, from biking to snowshoeing to midnight stargazing.

Germany is also home to the rugged peaks of the Alps. Berchtesgaden National Park, deemed a UNESCO Biosphere reserve in 1990, offers spectacular mountainous hikes to traverse and sparkling volcanic lakes to swim in. Drive your campervan rental north-west towards the North Sea and take the opportunity to walk along meandering creeks and curious mudflats at the seaside Hamburg Wadden Sea National Park. 041b061a72

About

Welcome to the group! You can connect with other members, ge...
bottom of page