top of page

Events Group

Public·308 members

To My Bed

We say "in (the) bed" to mean that someone is lying under the bed's covers (such as a sheet and blanket or comforter). Someone under the covers/blankets of a bed is said to be sleeping/lying in (the) bed. Below are some examples of how the phrase is used.

To My Bed

The phrase "on the bed" is used usually to mean that something or someone is on top of the covers. This phrase can be used for people and also objects or pets, and is not usually used when someone is sleeping. Below are some examples of how the phrase is used.

The University of Nebraska Press is part of a land-grant institution with campuses and programs on the past, present, and future homelands of the Pawnee, Ponca, Otoe-Missouria, Omaha, Dakota, Lakota, Kaw, Cheyenne, and Arapaho Peoples, as well as those of the relocated Ho-Chunk, Sac and Fox, and Iowa Peoples.

At long last, the Archdiocese of Chicago's Cardinal Francis George has definitively affirmed what exactly he said in relation to the much-quoted statement about him dying in his bed, and his successors dying imprisoned and martyred.

I first heard the quote used by a Catholic speaker sometime in 2010. If you're a Catholic reader or conference attendee, you've no doubt heard it as well. It's taken on rather mythic proportions... so much so, that I suspected that it might not be factual. The quote has even made its way into the Cardinal's Wikipedia entry.

Over the years I've heard numerous commentators and speakers and writers refer to this quote. Many have described it as "prophetic." Others have incorrectly stated that it was made in response to the current Health and Human Service contraception mandate. Some have attributed it to Archbishop Charles Chaput; others attributed it to Cardinal George. Some thought it was in a column by the Cardinal, others thought it was said in a speech.

Call it the journalist in me, but I was never comfortable passing on the alleged quote or using it until I had confirmation about it. In fact, the last few times I've heard the quote used, I've suggested that those using it might want to track down the source. In May of this year, I reached out to the Archdiocese of Chicago to find out if the Cardinal had indeed said it, when it was said, and the context in which it was said.

Susan Burritt, media relations director, said that the quote could not be found in any letter or speech. It was, therefore, not something they could verify or confirm. Burritt noted that it was most likely said by the Cardinal in response to a question, and that it was said sometime in 2010.

"I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history."

Copyright 2023 EWTN News, Inc. All rights reserved. EIN 27-4581132 Reproduction of material from this website without written permission, or unlicensed commercial use or monetization of National Catholic Register RSS feeds is strictly prohibited.

If you yearn for thoughtful, truth-filled, and honest writing about US racism that is sharp and righteous, read Colorlines. ColorLines exemplifies progressive journalism with a racial justice lens. From 2004 through 2010, Daisy Hernández helped build Colorlines. Working as a writer and editor, Hernández, with a team of activist journalists, migrated the print magazine from its quarterly publication to its current incarnation as a powerful online news journal characterized by incisive analysis. If you care about racial justice news, subscribe to the Colorlines feed.

One of the most powerful elements in A Cup of Water Under My Bed is the second section on sexuality. Hernández talks about sexuality with grace; her deft hand with language, imagery, and emotion create an internal world that is both intimate and achingly beautiful. Describing what she learned about sex as a teenager, Hernández writes:

The answer is that yes, it is okay, however, there are some things to consider before inviting your pup to share the bed and there is a correct way to train your dog to be a desirable sleep partner.

It is best that you make the decision to have or not have your dog sleep in your bed BEFORE the first night with your dog. If you have already committed one way, no worries. This article will help you as well. ?

If you are crate training your dog, then I strongly urge you to have your dog sleep in his crate. This will decrease the chance of your dog having an accident overnight, and it will also reinforce the crate as being a safe, comfortable space.

If your dog sleeps with you in the bed during the potty training stages, you are at high risk for your dog to either get off the bed in pee or poop on the floor, or perhaps worse, turn your bed into his own bathroom.

If you believe your dog has separation anxiety or is developing signs of separation anxiety, I would strongly urge you read this article on how to prevent and cure separation anxiety and not share a bed with your dog.

It is important for your dog to learn his independence and understand that not being with you is okay. Having this separate time away from your dog means you love your dog enough to do the right thing and have him sleep in a crate or separate dog bed.

Many people think that because their dog has separation anxiety they SHOULD sleep with them because it will calm them down. However, that is only addressing the symptoms, not the entire issue at play.

Additionally, in the morning, any slight movement from you could become a sign to your dog that it is time to get up, go outside, and eat! That means, when you roll over at 5am to enjoy another two hours of slumber, your dog could be jumping up on your face and start licking away!

Start by spending the first few months with your new dog sleeping in his crate, bed, or designated area. This will teach him that at night, you go to your bed and he goes to his bed. This routine will cut down on the anxiety of being away from you and will also show him that sleeping solo is totally fine.

If you allow your dog to be on your couch, consider allocating a certain portion of the couch for your dog. You can do this by placing a blanket on a certain section of the couch, inviting your dog to that section, and rewarding him for being on his blanket. When they move off of that section, you can either redirect them back to the blanket or you can move them off the couch.

Once you feel like your dog is fully potty trained and does not suffer from separation anxiety, place the blanket on the portion of your bed you wish to allocate for your dog. Get ready for bed and invite your dog up on his blanket. Reward him for being on the blanket. Just like on the couch, if he moves to other parts of the bed, either redirect him back to his blanket or remove him from the bed entirely. Over time, he will learn that he now gets to sleep on the human bed if he stays on the blanket.

[Kyle Kittleson is a professional animal trainer and behaviorist who resides in Los Angeles, California. You can learn more about Kyle Kittleson here, contact him here, and follow him on all social media platforms at @KyleKittleson.]

I have an English Cocker who are known to suffer from separation anxiety. The breeder warned us to train her to sleep in her crate for the first few months (we went with 6 months) to encourage her to be more independent. Another person who got a dog from the same litter did not follow this advice and the dog had big problems. Now I know why the breeder made the suggestion and I am oh, so glad that I followed her advice!

Bed Bath & Beyond and buybuy BABY online and mobile coupons cannot be applied across sites. However, our Bed Bath & Beyond site may carry the buybuy BABY product you are looking for. If so, you will be able to use any current, eligible Bed Bath & Beyond coupon to purchase a buybuy BABY item.

When you sign up, you will receive a first-time customer coupon via email within 24 hours. You can sign up to receive email offers here..\r\n\tAs a subscriber to our email program, you will receive a variety of coupons that can be used both online and in-store. You should begin receiving them within a week after subscribing.

Every now and then my cat Bellatrix (Belly for short) will bring my husband and I her green mouse toy while we are sleeping. So we will wake up with the toy on the bed. We assume this is her favorite toy as she always plays with this one and will want to play fetch with this toy. We don't have a problem with her doing this and she doesn't wake us up when she does this but it is just curious as to why she does this. I honestly think it's cute to wake up with her favorite toy on the bed. I do know that some cats think their owners are just terrible hunters and will give them "prey". But I'm wondering if she does this because she thinks we are bad hunters or if in the middle of the night she just wants to play but then sees that we are asleep so she leaves us alone or if she just wants to give us a gift. This is the only toy she brings us. Belly is also an indoor cat. I'm just wondering of the different possibilities she could be doing this. Does anyone else's cat(s) do this?

While I think StephenS' answer is likely correct (i.e. bringing a toy to ask you for plays), it's also possible that the toy is left there because it's where the cat sleeps and it kept the toy near its spot.

Our cats cuddle their favorite toys and softly play with them as they lie in a comfortable spot. One of our cats specifically hides her favorite toys in her favorite bed to keep them away from the other two.

It's not a matter of thinking you're a bad hunter, but more a matter of contributing to the household. You give food to them all the time (which they can only assume you hunted), so when they have caught something and aren't that hungry, they share their spoils with you as well. 041b061a72

About

Welcome to the group! You can connect with other members, ge...
bottom of page